Friday, December 15, 2006

where there's smoke there's fire woohooo

phoebs that's funny (nice funny) you remember my mum's wedding. It's a bit of a blur for me :) they had their tenth anniversary in may.

Dave, the other tech here, said it was heaps smokier the place he just came back from, and it reminded him of lord of the rings, how in the book especially they go on about how the air and sky was grey and grimy and then like dusk or something all the time. I thought that was a very poetic adventurous way to see things. Although in the book it is dreary, dreadful and end-of-world-ish.

I wish I could add a song/music to my posts. Wonder if you can....

I would like to learn how to ballroom dance. Did I already write this before? Oh well. Pete & I went to a dance class once when we lived in Sydney, but you had to dance with every other man and his dog, not just your own partner, so we didn't go back there.

Off any topic, wherever this came from, I want to one day spend Thanksgiving and Christmas in the US. They're only a month apart really. I want to eat odd american Thanksgiving foods like pumpkin pie. I want to go ice skating at the place they always show in the movies (Rockefeller Plaza) and wear fluffy earmuffs and have christmas dinner that is actually climate-appropriate (not that i don't love a climate-inappropriate christmas dinner). It could be worse. It could be traditional to eat pickled christmas tree or something.

6 comments:

phoeberae said...

10 years since that wedding... No WAY! Man we really must be getting old.

Victoria said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Victoria said...

This flippin smoke is nuts, the kids keep going on about how Mt Beauty is burning and saying "we will never be able to go to Mt Beauty again will we Mum?" Well we certainly will go there, and we will keep going there until SARAH and PETE come on a trip too!!! But perhaps not until the fires have died down.

sez said...

I think the hair was a bit eighties. Mine was cos i'd just had it cut so the hairdresser did all these little curls so tight to keep it up it was practically an eighties perm.

I think I'll give mt beauty a miss until it stops burning a bit, yes.

cowabunga? excellent dude. Bogus.

phoeberae said...

You girls are hilarious.

I think the hair was more nineties than eighties. I remember your sister who wore the black suit instead of bridesmaid dress. I'm getting an M name? Maryanne? She had the longest most gorgeous brown hair, all curls.

And I remember a ripper cheesecake with pineapple in it and lots of dancing. And meeting their tiny little baby at Mick and Kirst's wedding.

Your Mum and Neville looked so young and happy and in love. So good to hear it's still like that.

Dudettes TMNT show was all about Pizza, hold the anchovies. And the gorgeous April who always wore that yellow jumpsuit. She was cool!

sez said...

hey yes that was sister maryanne
and mum and neville have two kids now emily and thomas and the biggest thing i think i got out of TMNT was master shredder and master splinter. or whoever. i was just real proud when i could remember all their names. But i seem to have forgotten now... oh dear
oh i just realised phoebs, there's a photo i love that I framed of my sister (katy) & I at m & K's wedding, and you are in the background talking to someone, and mum is on steps behind us all, with abovementioned baby in her arms. I kid you not :)