Wednesday, November 01, 2006

'Fernando' has been in my head all day- Why??

Well this hot tired first ramble is purely for my own entertainment. Come to think of it, they all are I think. Like keeping a diary when you're a teenager, hey Tor.
Seeing as my long-term memory isn't so great, if I don't write anything down, I'll get to 40 and wonder what on earth I did in the last 40 years. If it wasn't very interesting, at least I'll know and not be tormented by the thought that I can't remember something really vital, for the next 50 years.
At least I can attempt to keep in contact with people this way. Then I can blame them for not knowing what's going on :)
I do love spring. I have to say that cos I really miss it when it's gone. I keep seeing duck families wandering along the side of the road.
My garden is rambling, like me. Well, I'm trying to get it to ramble. In a planned sort of way. I guess that's me. Rambling in a sometimes planned sort of way. Or things just happen. Stuff everywhere and one of everything. I think that could apply to most umm spheres of my existence. Even my cooking. I take photos of my cooking sometime. When I'm particularly impressed by a masterpiece of a creation. Or when Pete's particularly impressed by it.
The cat is bothering me by sitting on the windowsill outside and meowing at me through the window. She doesn't even blink.
Tor, if you read this, I forgot to say I'm sorry about your guinea-pigs :( .
I am tired and will be glad when I'm only working one job.
Hey, Pete gets his citizenship soon! It's really weird. After all this time. And he's got no-one to blame but me:) I wanted it to be at the local Australia day thing, you know all the community stuff, very patriotic, but it's too difficult to change the date with the council.
We have a blue-tongue lizard living under the house, conveniently close to the garden tap and the hot water service. Well I didn't know it was a blue-tongue until my little brother told me it was, after I described it to him. (It didn't go sticking its tongue out for me and that was all my memory was going by). I will have to take a photo of it. I wonder if i can befriend it or if it will be eternally shy.
Tor, I love hydrangeas. I love lots of things though. That's the one of everything thing again. I hate agapanthas though. And ti-tree in places where it can prickle you when you walk past. And azaleas. Can't stand them. Better not go on about that too much. Or I'll change my mind and start to feel sorry for them because they're just misunderstood.
My one of everything rule extends to animals too. I've got the dog and cat, and apparently a blue-tongue now, so I'd still like to have a rabbit (again), and a chicken (well some more maybe for company) and a goat and a sheep and a pig if it didn't grow too big or squeal too loud, and a cow, and I'm sure something else once I figured out where to put them.
I'd like one of most fruit trees too. And a nice scented gum tree. Some smell better than others. And a paper-bark tree because I have fond memories of writing letters on them in school lunchtimes, just because we could:)

4 comments:

Victoria said...

You go girl. You will so love this when you are 85. Diaries will never go out of style. Yes, it does feel very 1993.

Victoria said...

We are waiting to hear about the lizard, with bated breath (whatever that means).

Anonymous said...

Would love to see your pictures of master food productions. I love twos of everything but one of animals. Although I would have two horses come the day, one for Sime and one for me. in our dreams. so we could go riding in the hills, light a fire that lasts, sleep under the stars, wearing our total favourite bush attire and only come back when we wanna. I like my art work to have friends. thats why I make two of everything.mm

Anonymous said...

PS you know why I like you and tor and tat people so much my soul is the same as all of yours. why dont I live there???? we all understand the absurditys of each other i think. I think I might feel very comfortable and at home joining with a bunch of you and letting out our odd stuff.mm