Sunday, November 26, 2006

Food and family all night long

On this long and lazy day I'm enjoying the sunshine and my garden. I'm having trouble remembering what day it is cos I didn't go to church this morning cos i didn't get to sleep until this morning sometime, after an engagement party we went to. So I'm all confused.

Don't you love family gatherings. Except I had to keep looking twice at a lot of people cos I wasn't sure if I was related to them and I'd forgotten who they were or if my brain was just overloaded with faces cos I'd spent too long staring at them. And arranging endless plates of those little cocktail onions tends to do that to you, too.

I got to see my 3 little nephews who i miss very much :) Lucky they missed me too and let me cuddle them lots LOL

On the way home in the car, i discovered the country countdown show (or whatever it was) on the radio and we listened to that with great glee and jubilation. Pity I'm not normally up at 1am or whenever it was, on a saturday.

Update on the bluetongue lizard- it has found a new hiding spot in a disused drainage pipe on the other side of the house. It sleeps on the footpath, I think, and runs and hides in there when I come along :) Maybe it likes a bit of variety. The one bit of footpath must get pretty boring after a while.

Oh look, a half finished blog post that I forgot to end. So here it is.

2 comments:

phoeberae said...

Three nephews... wow. I've got three nieces and another on the way. Still so bizarre to think we're all grown-up now and married with lots of kids around whether our own or others. When I remember you and your sisters it's always at your mum's wedding. You all looked so pretty. One of the best down-to-earth country weddings ever.
p.s. I can't believe Tor's never watched the princess bride either!

Victoria said...

Glad you got to see those little boys. Go lizard.