Thursday, February 08, 2007

Potatoes

Potatoes are very easy to grow, but I'm never sure when to dig them up. I had to make some difficult growing decisions this year :) and potatoes didn't make the list. They're cheap enough in the shop anyway. Well you know how much I love potatoes. I feel like Bubba in Forrest Gump describing all the ways you can cook shrimp. Potato salad, mashed potato, baked potato, roasted potato, hot coals baked potato, hot potato chips, potato chips in packets, potato gnocchi, potato pancakes, potatoes in gravy, scalloped potatoes (you know baked in cream, etc), potato cakes (i.e. with chips), potatoes sliced and cooked on the bbq, potatoes boiled and then fried in egg and breadcrumb batter, potatoes 'lyonnaise' (my cookbook calls it that) boiled a bit and then sliced thick and fried up with onions. Potato 'lasagne'- some weird recipe i have that involves potatoes and pasta/lasagna sheets, baked. Stuffed potatoes. I'd say boiled potatoes to be pedantic, but i never eat them that way. Just thought I'd share my love of potatoes. They don't get much attention otherwise.

4 comments:

Victoria said...

You are the Queen Of Potatoes.
But we already knew that.
This post just confirmed it.
You're potato salad is very good.

Victoria said...

Bet you're glad Benj has gone away for a bit, so he can't work you too hard - well, that's what I said to him "Everyone around you needs a break, you're just too full on, no one has your unending energy, including me." He understood!

sez said...

yeah i'll get a break for a while :)

Anonymous said...

Ya would be so proud of what I made for tea tonight, mashed potato, then Nick didnt want it and asked for toast instead. So they had toast and I mixed mashed potato into tinned pea and ham soup, it was very good.
No real meals going on around here for the next week.