Sunday, February 04, 2007

The Purpose Of A Blog

You know I'm glad I started this blog cos I already forgot some of the stuff that happened that I wrote a month ago. Talk about a short-term memory. Maybe if I do lots of crosswords or something I can regain/ increase my short-term memory capacity. Good plan sez.

Me & Pete just watched 'Marty'. It was a very goofy 50's movie. It was better than I thought it would be. Pete says a lot of his family were just like that. I can see it i tell ya.

I have a new tv show that I watch for 20 minutes while eating breakfast. Seeing as Bottletop Bill is a thing of the past. Everybody should give Jakers a try. OK?

Can you tell i'm having a thing about sticking links in at the moment? I'm on a roll....

Really I have something else to share. It's in my head cos it was on the tv and now it's gonna stay there for weeks so I might as well share it around. What's worse is that it gets in my head and I only know half the words. Well I've remedied that now, haven't I. .......

The Marines Song

From the Halls of Montezuma
To the shores of Tripoli
We fight our country's battles
On the land as on the sea.
First to fight for right and freedom
And to keep our honor clean;
We are proud to claim the title
Of United States Marines.

Our flag's unfurled to every breeze
From dawn to setting sun;
We have fought in every clime and place
Where we could take a gun.
In the snow of far-off Northern lands
And in sunny tropic scenes;
You will find us always on the job --
The United States Marines.

Here's health to you and to our Corps
Which we are proud to serve;
In many a strife we've fought for life
And never lost our nerve.
If the Army and the Navy
Ever look on Heaven's scenes,
They will find the streets are guarded
By United States Marines.

5 comments:

Victoria said...

That is my number one favorite thing about having a blog - I will be able to remember stuff later that I would never have retained in my brain, I love it so much.
Jakers is really cool, Nick and Will were watching it this morning. It hasreally good graphics. I also find Todd World quite inspiring.

Victoria said...

Doncha wish we had blog for the last 15 years?

Anonymous said...

My favourite ever ever resturant is called Montezumas. Its a Mexican resturant - a chain - in Parkdale and Richmond. The one in Parkdale is my favourite. It is by the Parkdale/Mordiallic beach which is my favourite part of the beach in Melb -(natural. I have celebrated my 20th and 26th? birthday at Parkdale, and my 23rd at Richmond. I went there so many times, I allowed myself to get one of the gold cards. That meant if you went like 6 times or something you got one free meal. Bonus. I got one card signed up to the free square and then got one more square ticked off but forgot to keep taking it in, so got another gold card; got it signed up to the freebie and left it at home every time since. Im owed about 5 meals by now for sure!! MM

Anonymous said...

PS Simon and Is first date was there. Hey Jakers is totally my favourite. The sheep are the funniest things I used to watch it in Wodonga and laugh my head off. It made my heart jump with glee. MM

phoeberae said...

We went to Montezumas for my work farewell before Zee arrived. Sooo good. At least when 8months pregnant you can eat lots and already have loose clothes rather than having to undo something to fit in dessert.

Mexican potato skins must go on the spud list.