Saturday, February 10, 2007

The moon lives forever

I remember being somewhat spun out years ago because the moon came in the night, it came in the day, it never really went away like the sun. The moon has always fascinated me. It just plain looks good even. And I still love to go outside when the moon is full and see my shadow on the ground. My moonshadow hey (go Cat Stevens). I make pete go and do it now and then. When it's so bright you can read things by it.
The other night (last week?) the power went out again, in the middle of the night and i woke up cos pete's computer backup thing started going berserk and making weird noises. I looked outside cos i didn't know whether it was just us or not with the power, and all the street lights and house lights were off, and the moon was near full and i wanted to run around outside but i had to get up early in the morning :)
I mean if you go out the bush and don't have any lights you can see the moon and everything, but it's not often you get to see the town without even just the streetlights. It just looks different :)
I tried to take a photo, but it didn't work. maybe if i knew what special setting i was meant to put it on. bit hard in the middle of the night :)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmm, is it a full moon tonight because Spot has been howling mournfully and loadly today, for no apparent reason. Except I think the last time he did this was when Benj was overseas, so maybe he just misses him.

Anonymous said...

I jumped over the moon once.

Anonymous said...

I am not made of green cheese.

Anonymous said...

The moon, ditto, thats hard when you feel like going outside and you know you have to be in bed, or when ya just want to be up for no particular reason and you have to be in bed!! When Im in the country I go outside whenever I want at night, I also adore the moon at night especially full. Some nights when I go driving I turn the lights off, nothing like it, I love being freee. MM

Victoria said...

Sezza, nice blue top you were wearing today. Your wardrobe always impresses me. (yes, i stood at the back of the auditorium today for about 7 minutes, then wandered back to the chreche which is my natural habitat..)
At least I can have a coffee there, that's a positive I suppose.

Pinkflowerbuttons said...

Hey Sarah, just letting you know, my blog name address is still goldenmeadows but across the seas has changed to goldenmeadows, even though across the seas title is being very obnoxious and naughty at the moment!!

Anonymous said...

Have I told you
Lately
That I
Love
You
?

phoeberae said...

You girls are a scream!

Anonymous said...

"...I'm being followed by a moonshadow,
..........moonshadow....... moonshadow..... moonshadow...."

Victoria said...

Yeah, I really do think I'm funny.